Cookies are little text files, which contain an information package that the Site sends to the User’s terminal (usually, to the pc or smartphone or tablet browser); there, they are saved and then re-transmitted to the Site itself, during the same session or in the following visits by the same User. Cookies usually assign a univocal number to the User; however, such number has no meaning outside the Site it has been assigned by.
Cookies can be saved no longer than the usage time of a particular site (i.e. session cookie) or for a longer time which does not depend on the duration of the session (i.e. persistent cookie). Cookies normally allow the website owner to identify the most visited contents of the website, in order to adapt them to the Users wishes, and also to improve the services to adjust the communication to the Users and their interests.
The types of cookies used by the Site are:
– Cookies by third parties: they allow to estimate the aggregate number of visits to the site itself and to identify which of its parts are the most popular. Such activity is carried out by using the service provided by Google, Google Analytics; therefore, in compliance with the privacy regulations, such cookies are to be considered as technical cookies, the use of which does not call for the users’ consent.
– Cookies which are necessary and functional to browsing: they are strictly necessary to the correct functioning and visibility of the website and allow to browse using the essential functions. These cookies do not collect any information about the Users which may be used for marketing purposes.
Necessary Cookies and Cookies functional to browsing
The necessary cookies are those which are able to:
– record the Users’ data in different pages during a browsing session;
– display the contents in the chosen language at every new access, recognising the nation the User is connecting from (and record such setting for future accesses).
The Cookies functional to browsing are those ones which:
– allow the owner of the website to make its use considerably easier by the User;
– allow to identify the Users who have logged onto the Site, avoiding a new data input every new browsing session. Such cookies aim to simplify and quicken its use.
Details about Google Analytics:
-Analysis / Tracking: provides with anonymous / aggregate information about where you go and what you do on our website and other ones;
– Social Media / sharing: they allow you to share comments / appraisals / pages / bookmarks and help you to simplify your access to social networks and social tools on internet.
The user can deny their consent to the registration of cookies on their device by setting up the browser: if they use the site without changing any browser setting, it is assumed that they intend to receive all the cookies used by the Site and take advantage of all the functions.